Don’t I need a CPA (Certified Public Accountant) to prepare my tax return?

It’s actually a myth that you need a CPA to prepare your tax return. In fact, not all CPAs do taxes. Many times, it is a tax preparer who works for the CPA that prepares the tax return, and the CPA just reviews and signs it. Our tax preparers are extremely knowledgeable and do an excellent job preparing all types of tax returns. In addition, our fees can be as little as one-third the cost of those from a CPA firm. We even teach CPAs taxes through The Income Tax School, the sister company to Peoples Income Tax.

In the tax industry, the highest designation is an IRS Enrolled Agent (EA). An Enrolled agent, or EA, is a tax advisor who is a federally authorized tax practitioner empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. Enrolled agents represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for tax issues including audits, collections and appeals. They must pass a test as intensive as the CPA exam but it is entirely on federal tax law. While only a small portion of the CPA exam covers federal tax law, while the rest is focused on accounting.

Enrolled Agent (EA)
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Wondering if Your CPA or Tax Professional prepared your taxes accurately and at a fair price?

Let us check them for you at no charge and we’ll also tell you what we would have charged. And, if we find anything that needs adjusting we will gladly amend your business tax return(s) for you at a fair price.

What if I owe back taxes?

If you are behind in making tax payments, or you have not filed prior years’ tax returns, we can help you get your taxes up-to-date. We can also help arrange a tax payment schedule with the IRS, if needed.

What if I haven’t filed a tax return for a few years, or even longer?

Things happen, and sometimes people don’t get around to filing their tax return. Other times, people put off filing tax returns because they know they are not in the position to pay the taxes they owe. We can prepare prior year’s tax returns for you.

IRS Policy Statement 5-133, Delinquent Returns – Enforcement of Filing Requirements, states that taxpayers must file six years of back tax returns to be in good standing with the IRS. However, that rule can vary based on the situation.

What if I haven’t filed a tax return for a few years, or even longer?

It seems like the list of what to bring gets longer each year. Here is a comprehensive tax appointment checklist to help you prepare for your meeting with your Tax Preparer.

Have a question that isn’t answered here?

Please email us and a representative will contact you shortly. Or call us today at (813) 815-1040.

GRF Tax Advantage℠ Loyalty Program

GRF Tax Clients receive a special discount — 3% per year returning; 15% maximum in 6th year.

Additional benefits include:

*GRF Tax Loyalty Program is valid with one other discount; maximum total discount not to exceed 25%.

Increase Your Time, Minimize Your Taxes

Contact us for a Free 1/2 hour consultation.